Monday, October 17, 2011

Hi guys! Everything is pretty good. I have been taking the Amitiza 24mcg, once instead of twice per day. Some days I have to take two but boy the nausea that comes with this dose is not even funny:/ So I am also on Reglan for the horrible nausea. I am just happy that the meds are still working. In the meantime, I need to find out what my trigger for gas is. What type of diet can I try?!! Gluten free and lactose free really didn't do much. If I could figure out what causes the gas I would happily stop eating it!!
Great news I am at 130!!!! 129 was my pre-twin baby weight. That is a total of 22-23 pounds since my surgery. I look awesome and most of the time I feel awesome too!

4 comments:

  1. Please call me at 760 393-2047. I read your story and I have many of the same symptoms except that the Miralax is making me poop daily, however the Bloating is unbearable. I also have many evenings when I feel generally ill. I am 57 and look like I am 6 to 7 months pregnant most of the time. I had a sitz marker test and was instructed by my doctor to stay on the Miralax during the sitz marker study. on Day 7 I had 59 markers left out of 60.
    I had a Barium Enema and the procedure took 21/2 hours because of my very redundant colon. I am also Hypothyroid.
    Please, Please call me, I need to talk with someone who has been through this. If you can't reach me on my home. My cell is 702-604-0208

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have been having all the same problems. In fact I just swallowed the sitz markers and i am terrified because my dr said NO miralax which I take daily to help me go and I know I am going to be in soooo much pain. Do you have an e-mail or face book that I can communicate with you? It would be nice to start a FB group (private) for people to go to to get support for this kind of stuff. My e-mail is Jeffdebwillis@comcast.net or you can find me on FB under Debbie perdue Willis. thank you so much for posting all of this, it is so helpful to read! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try the low-FODMAP diet - new research from Monash University in Melbourne Australia - and being replicated now in other studies. Google it - there is scientific evidence to demonstrate that some of the most unexpected foods that we enjoy regularly are difficult for some of us to digest and which cause wind, bloating etc.
    Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW I read all of your blog posts and it is like reading a similiar story. I just had my sitz marker test and I have been miserable for years. I have lupus and they are thinking I may have hashimotos, and they can't figure out my liver enzymes they keep jumping. Please post again would love to hear how you are doig and if you are still happy with the surgery because I am scared.

    ReplyDelete